Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Worry about finals and stuff means less sleep and fun

Finals are coming up next week, plus I still need to finish my stuff for music. I have to write the main report and type up the interview transcription for my project and tie up some loose ends with concert reports. My writeup of my notes for my third concert report have gone AWOL (absent without leave) except for 1 page, and I can't find my original notes. No wonder, cause my room is a mess. With all this work I have neglected it (not to mention I haven't showered 2 days straight, unusual for me right now).

I made the title page and dividers for my music project. I need to buy a report cover though cause the one I had bought didn't work out too well. Maybe I will go to Wal-Mart and buy one. I need to pick up some of those Post-It tabs too (the regular kind, not the tape kind...the tape kind aren't too easy to write on) to mark my stats book up for the final (the final is open-book, which is good for me, cause it helps...our last test was open-book and I got a 75%, my highest yet on a stats test!!). As if that's not enough, I also invested in a Schaum's Easy Outline book on stats. Kind of like Cliffs Notes (actually, there's a "Cliffs Test Reviews" book on Statistics, but they're out of stock of it at the bookstore. I'm also going to download the old practice tests from Mr. Pickett's website.

On the work front...things are going ok. I'm not incredibly fond of my supervisor Lenora. In fact, I feel less uptight when she's not around. Even Dave isn't as strict as she is (and my coworker Chris agrees with me...at least somebody does...Brittany, my other coworker, seems too meek to say anything bad of her supervisors...wish I was like that...I think).

My other coworkers are Chris, Brittany, and Lennis. I hardly ever see Lennis because she works mostly on the days I'm off, like today. I usually see her on Saturdays though. She will usually come in at 2:30 to take over for Chris. Lennis is a shortish black woman who is really super nice. She laughs at everything (which may or may not be a good thing...who knows?).

Chris is my kind of guy. I feel I can really talk to him about stuff. We sometimes have chats back in the gift section, which, with the kids' section, are the only sections not visible from the front counter. That way we don't get interrupted by our supervisors unless they happen to come to the back with a customer or to go to the breakroom. We usually see them coming though, and so we stop talking.

Brittany is nice to talk to sometimes. We never really get to talk an awful lot because Lenora usually doesn't let us. The times we really get to talk are nights when we close with Steve, since he doesn't seem to care, and sometimes the three of us even talk together. One time Steve was telling us about all these places that he had been to. That was during the day, though, I think. But still.

Well I'm going to go cause class starts at 9 and I'm going to go get some money cause I want to go to the Guitar Orchestra concert here tomorrow, and since I just lost the $5 bill I had as change from a second trip to the bookstore after getting the stats book (to buy pens, a highlighter, a 2005-2006 planner that is the store's "item of the week," and some spiralbound index cards to use as flash cards), I need to get more money to buy my ticket with.

Btw, I bought a little ceramic thing that is of these ruins, which I put on top of my computer. I got it at Petco. It's actually one of those things for putting at the bottom of your aquarium, but who cares?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the finals Dani, I'm sure you'll do well.
Luv
Cas from FE site