Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thinking about college, not much sleep, kitchen remodeling, wanting to break free, debit card, etc.

I was thinking about college again this afternoon on the way home from work (I got off early cause I was covering at the Stater Bros. near me since the employees got to go to a special luncheon cause some customer won the lottery, so I was only scheduled 10-3 cause nobody was going to be there then). I think I was thinking of this cause today I just started reading the fourth and most recently released book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, called Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood, which chronicles the summer after the Sisterhood's first year in college. I got it for Mum for Mother's Day (she's gotten really into the series; I lent her the first book and she really liked it) and she just finished it and passed it on to me. The more I thought about it, the more depressed I felt, and I even felt choked up.

Once I got home, I decided to take a nap. I got home around 5pm, and set the alarm to go off at 5:45. I felt like I slept for longer than 45 minutes though, which was nice.

I have not gotten much sleep lately, due to going to bed late and having to get up early to get to work at noon. So having a nap was good.

My parents have been remodeling the kitchen. They got new cabinets, a new dishwasher, and a new refrigerator. So all the appliances are stainless steel and match. Very nice.

These thoughts got me thinking about independence in general. I really want to move out. Even if I could rent a room or something. But the cheapest those go is like $400/month. That's a lot. I would have like no money after rent.

I started a checking account a little bit ago and ordered a debit card, which I received a few days ago. I really like it cause now I don't have to take out $20 if I want to spend like $2 and have no cash on me. I was just on my bank's website to try to figure out how to order checks, but I couldn't find anything. I did set up my BankOnline account though.

I'm really tired...it's been taking me forever to write this cause Tammy IM'd me and she can keep going forever, literally. Good night.

Oh one last thing...a sneak peek of the new Code Lyoko season airs tomorrow night! Yay! I have it set to record, since I'll be working tomorrow night. It was shown as airing twice, so I set it to record at both times in case it's a two-parter. If not, then I'll just be doubly sure it'll record (some of the stuff we set to record on DVR doesn't get recorded cause there's so much under "Recorded TV"...mainly my brother's numerous recorded eps of The Ultimate Fighter and my mom's many eps of Intervention or Grey's Anatomy -- our DVR didn't record the special premiere of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl cause of this...wah).

Oh and as far as college goes, I am seriously considering the game design B.A. program at ITT Tech. They have a campus relatively close by (in San Diego, about 45 minutes to an hour away from where I live) and yet far enough away that were I to move down there I would feel like the atmosphere was different. Plus they have job placement, which makes it easier to get a job after you get your degree.

All right...good night now.

No comments: