Pages

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Best friends

I got together with Amy, my best friend, today. I hadn't seen her in almost a year, until a few weeks ago when she, Jesse, Kevin, and one of Amy's friends dropped by the store. On Sunday I called her up and asked her if she wanted to get together today, since I had the day off from work. We did get together, at my house. She brought Kevin, her little boy, along. He was kind of fussy most of the time.

I went to the bank this morning to deposit my check, then rode the bus over to Wal-Mart. There I bought a new portable CD player, a copy of People, and three binders for school. Then I rode back to the bus station, but I missed the FAST Bus. So Amy picked me up instead of making me wait an hour for the next bus. We got Burger King and then went to my house and had lunch there. We watched the Mihoshi Special/Pretty Sammy OAV DVD that I had for a while until Kevin got fussy, after which we went in the jacuzzi. Kevin loved the jacuzzi, which of course is like a huge bathtub to a almost 2-year-old. Then after a while we went back in and she showed me her improved final exam for IMT 125, the class we took together during the summer. Then she wanted to see my video games, since I showed her a picture I put on my final site of Ritz from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I showed her FFTA and one of the GBA Videos. Then I brought down my Game Cube, and after we figured out it wouldn't work on the big TV, I had to bring my little 13" TV downstairs. I showed her Pokémon Colosseum first, since that was in the Game Cube from me playing it this morning. (Oh, by the way, I finally did capture Entei. I've captured Suicune now too. My next destination is to fight in the Under Colosseum, but the Pokémon there whooped my butts so I am fighting on Mt. Battle now to purify Flaffy, since a lot of the Pokémon in the Under Colosseum are weak to electric attacks). Then I showed her Tales of Symphonia, which then occupied us for several hours. She helped me smash the Bacura (which was taking me forever) and also navigate the pitch dark rooms and a bunch more obstacles in the Temple of Lightning. The hard part was the fight to make the pact with Volt. I tried a couple times, then during the third time Kevin accidentially stepped on the TV cord, making it fall out of the socket, ruining that. So I had to try again, and barely won. I had run out of gels by then and was hanging on for dear life. Thank God I brought along so many Life Bottles. Then there was an interesting cutscene about the mana being severed between the two worlds, because Summon Spirits of Tethe'alla and Sylvarant are now awake at the same time, which has never happened before, as Undine explains it. Due to this, the worlds will eventually separate, which suggests that they will no longer have to struggle with each other for mana, which solves the problem Lloyd and co. went out to solve in the first place. The reason, I think, that both world's spirits are awakened is because the Chosen (Colette) did not become an angel, but just lost her soul in the Tower of Salvation, which means the mana flow wasn't really reversed. I guess. I don't know. Anyway...oh yeah after the Toize Valley Mine, where the Bacura was smashed, I obtained the Inhibitor Ore to make a Key Crest for Presea. Unfortunately when I returned to Ozette, Presea helped Rodyle capture Colette, since she was under his control. But after Lloyd attaches the Key Crest to Presea, she returns to normal and regrets Colette's capture and her own father's death. Then I quick jumped to Mizuho where I learned that I had to go to the Temple of Lightning to make a pact with Volt, so his mana could power the Rheiards. It turns out Sheena tried this before but failed, which is why the chief of Mizuho is unconscious. But she agrees to it anyway.

Now to get the Rheiards I have to defeat the Renegades...joy.

Amy was totally into the game and wants to come over again to play it, or watch me play at least. I'm looking forward to getting together again.

No comments: