Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Just hangin'

I'm just hanging out in the library till my next class starts. There was only one new message on Fiction Express, and the Code Lyoko forum server is overloaded now, so I can't get on to it. There's just too many people on it. If anybody who is reading this is on there, look for me. I'm Aelitaoflyoko17.

Hold on a sec...gotta use the restroom.

Ok...better.

I was listening to a CD I got from work by Big Al's Swing Kids. They're a Christian swing music group. Yeah, swing as in the kind you can dance to. Pretty cool, huh?

Now I am listening to the .ogg files I saved to my USB drive. I wasn't able to burn them to a CD but thanks to a program I downloaded, I can play them on Windows Media Player. You have to download an OGG extension program. And you will probably want your OGG files in the same file as the program, at least that's what I did. Then when you go to play the file and it asks to pick a program to run it through, choose the OGG program and follow the prompts. Then go to "open with..." again and choose Windows Media Player this time. Then it should play. Go to http://www.sailormusic.net (where I got the songs from) for a better explanation. It says there too how to burn OGG files to CD, but I couldn't get it to work. If anybody makes sense of it, and it works, post a comment here and let me know.

We had a lab today for my chemistry class where we used spectroscopes to view the atomic emission spectrums of hydrogen and mercury gas lamps. After recording the data, we had to determine the wavelength of each one, using numbers for each color obtained from a scale that we had trouble finding when initially looking for it through the spectroscope. They were in units of 1,000, which is good cause that meant they were in Angstroms, and it is easier to convert from Angstroms to meters than from nanometers to meters (the other possibility we could've come up against). The rest was a lot of complex math. Well ok it was just multiplication and division, but with really nasty numbers, like Planck's constant (which is 6.62608 times 10 to the negative 34th power Joule seconds...ick!!). *Sigh*

Not much else is going on. Bye for now.

No comments: