Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

On thin ice...

I got a talking-to from the manager again, just cause I raised my voice and apparently people can hear you out in the dining room if you yell. It's just that I was on fries, and I was going to put fries down, but my coworker Jose had just been changing the frying oil so I asked him where I should put fries down. Due to a misunderstanding (because I can't always understand what he says), I put the fries in the wrong baskets, so I got mad at him. I don't like to make mistakes, especially since I was already cited in a complaint for reaching in my pants to tuck my shirt in within the eyeline of a customer (I didn't know the person was watching) or something like that anyway.

My manager says if I'm named by name in a complaint again, he may have to fire me, because he might lose his job if he doesn't deal with me. I could hardly believe this (I didn't say so to him, of course) considering I am overall a good worker, and I have only had outbursts like this a handful of times in the almost 11 months I've worked there. I can keep my temper up to a point. If things pile up, I might snap, but most of the time, I am ok.

I am nervous...I don't want to lose my job. But all the jobs currently posted on Monstertrak for school I either can't do cause of the hours or cause of some qualification I don't meet. I saw one job when I did a general search that looked promising, as a secretary for a psychologist, but you have to know how to balance a ledger and a checkbook, and I don't know how to do that stuff.

I think Einstein's Bagels by the mall is hiring. I keep getting "Exciting Job in your Neighborhood" e-mails for that from Fastweb. I like bagels, and I have some food prep experience (from my current job). I am going that way today anyways, once I can get to the Fiction Express forum to check it. It's not coming up like it's supposed to.

*sigh*

I've started the 5th Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's rather interesting. I'm gonna be near Barnes and Noble today, so I may try to pre-order book 6, since this series is looking better every step of the way.

If this vent-fest doesn't interest you, the article below might. It's about life after the Iraq elections. By the way, I think it's great people got out there and voted!!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050201/wl_mideast_afp/iraqsecurity_050201162402

No comments: