Pages

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Stubborn, hungry sims and missing money

Hi again. I'm typing this while the guys in my stats project group figure out the mean, median, mode, and midrange of our Yahtzee scores for our stats project on Excel.

I had a good day today, except that for some weird reason I came up $20 short on my cash drawer at work, and I have no idea how that happened.

I had a stubborn little sim to deal with this morning. She would be starving, and so I'd lead her to a fridge or a stove at home, and she wouldn't eat, just shrug. So, she passed out 4 times in about as many days. Finally, I earned enough money (I bet all my money on a wood countertop during an auction at the general store) to get her a burger at the Burning Spool, then she finally started eating regularly again. Good little sim....

Here's some tips on how to earn Simoleons, the currency of the Sims world. Note this is for the GBA version of The Sims: Bustin' Out.

-You can get money by mowing Uncle Hayseed's lawn once a day between 5am and 7pm. It's quite hard to steer the stupid mower, but mow enough weeds and you can get quite a bit of money, especially at level 2.
-You automatically get an 80-simoleon "tip" when you deliver something someone gives you to the correct person, including your uncle. You can use the phone to call the person you have to deliver to in order to find out where they are. You might have to look around a bit to find them if they're outside a building.

Other tips:

-If possible, offer a hug to people you talk to. Most of them will let you hug them, and it helps up relationship points.
-Pick the flattering comments when chatting...it makes the people happy and ups relationship points.
-Many things up your entertainment points (measured by the bar with the TV). You can watch TV, dance to music, play games at the Burning Spool, or admire things, like the wooden chicken in your room or Uncle Hayseed's tractor to gain entertainment points. So far.

that's all...bye bye



No comments: