Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Celtic music

Tonight my mom and I went to see a Celtic folk band called Banshee in the Kitchen. Here's a picture of them from their website:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They play jigs and songs, slow and fast. The leader, Mary, plays the guitar and the Irish bouzouki (a instrument that looks like a big mandolin); Jill plays the accordion, the whistle, and the flute, and Brenda plays the hammered dulcimer and the fiddle. It makes for very interesting sounds. Here's what a bouzouki looks like:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's Brenda and her dulcimer...pretty, huh?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, it's late, and I want to be well-rested so I can focus on working on my concert report for this concert and another essay, both for my Survey of World Music class.

No comments: