Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2005

I can't think of a title...

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days...I meant to, but I had trouble with the Blogger site.

Jessica Sierra got voted off American Idol. Yay!!!! My mom just told me this (I was really tired last night, so I didn't stay up to watch it).

I did watch some tennis last night -- the quarterfinals of the Nasdaq-100 Open. First match that I watched was the Belgian Kim Clijsters versus the top seeded Russian player Elena Dementieva. Clijsters won that match, 6-2, 6-1. She plays #1 seed French player Amelie Mauresmo today (and the French are used to hard court tennis...the French Open is the only Grand Slam tournament that is hard court). Also still in it and playing today: Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova. That should be an interesting matchup. It came about because Sharapova won her match (against I don't remember who) and Venus beat Serena.

Next was the telecast of a game that apparently happened earlier in the day, or was happening on a different court at the same time or whatever. It was Swiss player Roger Federer (well known as a rival for American player Andre Agassi) versus a much younger Croatian player named Mario Ancic. I'm not sure who won. Oh, Federer. He still has to play another quarterfinal match though. But if he wins his match and Andre Agassi wins his match, we could see another matchup for the rivals in the semifinals.

That's it. Bye.

No comments: