Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #117: Visibility

Today's Video: "Leader, Jesus Follower"

***
Discuss/Describe how can be a more visible follower of Jesus.

Well I could act more openly like a Christian. I mostly hide it, to the point that people are surprised I am one when they find out. I could witness more, do more for him in the community. Currently I'm not serving at church cause I'm not sure where I fit. So there's that too. It's odd that service is one of my top three spiritual gifts, yet I'm not out there serving. I do like to help people too. Like if I see a checker needs someone to bag for them or service deli has a customer who needs help, I'll help them. 

I think it has to do with being afraid what others will think of me. That and not being very good socially cause of my autism. Neither of those things help. :(

What will people think
If they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do 
If they find that it's true
I don't really care
If they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguisin' the truth.
--"Jesus Freak," DC Talk

No comments: