Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #120: Feeling Worthy

Today's Video: "Pray for Me - Worthy"

***
Discuss/Describe one area of your life you don’t feel deserving. Use that request in the prayer below.

I don't feel deserving in the area of being liked and appreciated. I try to be friendly to people, to be helpful and kind and stuff. But sometimes, even when I do work hard and make an effort, it doesn't get appreciated. Or nothing comes of it, like when I work hard to make a website or a video or something that then languishes in obscurity (or isn't liked, like my "Take a Hint" song dub which has 10 dislikes, or the chapters I workshopped in CWCW). And that's frustrating. 

Dear Lord, please help me feel worthy in this area of being liked and appreciated. In Matthew 6:26 it says "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” Lord thank YOU for being by my side and lifting me up in my circumstances and feelings of self doubt. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: