Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #13: Transformed Character

Here's my challenge answer for today's Miles-a-Minute video, "Echo Location."

***
Discuss/Describe one aspect of your character that you know God’s Word would transform, and say what it would look like after it was changed.

My fear. My fear of failure, my fear of what other people think of me, my fear of not measuring up, my fear of not being in control. Because as it says, "Perfect love drives out fear," and God is love. So naturally his Word would be that too. 

If it were changed, I'm not saying I wouldn't still have fear. A certain amount of fear is healthy. It keeps you from doing stupid things and hurting yourself or others. And I'm not perfect, so I might still slip sometimes into old habits. But it would make me a better person, because I would not be so ruled by fear. It wouldn't have so much control over my life, my decisions, my thoughts. I'm not even sure what that would feel or look like, cause honestly I can't even remember a time anymore when I wasn't this way. But it would be nice, I think. Liberating. Good for me. Maybe I'd finally be happy and satisfied with my life. Maybe I'd even smile more. People tell me I don't smile enough. I used to smile a lot when I was a kid, but then I got self-conscious I guess. Not sure what happened.

Anyway, it would be nice to not be so bound by fear.


No comments: