Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #16: Resources

Here is my challenge answer for today's Miles-a-Minute video, "Ambassadors."

***
Discuss/Describe an incident when God sent more resources to support you than you thought you deserved.

Well, I know during tough times at school, when I was overwhelmed with papers to write and projects to do, and I was wondering how I would possibly get them done, God helped me then. He helped me buckle down and do the work and get the stuff done. In the case of Web Design 3, he gave me a teacher who was willing to stay after class to help me with stuff. He gave me the courage to go to my teachers' office hours to get help if I needed it. And also courage to challenge myself in my Writing Process class by writing stuff I might not have otherwise. 

Also, there's NaNoWriMo. I'll tell you, it is one of the most stressful writing challenges there is. Especially if you're not used to writing every day. But there is definitely support there if you want it. And God gave me the courage to seek it. I was more willing last year to go to the write-ins for my regional group. It meant a lot of Saturdays spent at Panera, but it was worth it. God gave me perseverance too, the drive to keep going and to win both times I've done it so far. And winning, even if you're striving for it from the beginning, is so rewarding. Cause it's real easy to fall behind, and sometimes I fell so far behind I'd need to write 4,000 words or more in a day to catch up. And I'd be like, there's no way I can do that. But sometimes, miraculously, I was able to. 

I don't access the resources God gives us as his ambassadors often enough though. And the examples I just gave were times when he gave me resources for my own use, not necessarily for furthering his work in the world. I need to work on that side of it more. :(

No comments: