Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #14: Will & Decisions

Here's my challenge answer for today's Miles-a-Minute video, "Pray For Me - Will."

***
Discuss/Describe a choice you are making that is not the will of God. Use that choice in the prayer below.

I am not using my money very wisely. I didn't tithe at all last year. I kept meaning to set it up at The Rock after canceling the tithing I was giving our old church (since we have switched churches, I figured I should stop giving money there). But I have yet to do so. And most of my money is going to food, junk food that isn't good for me. And if not that, it's being spent on me at any rate. I'm not saving for the future or giving toward God's work. Yet, I'm afraid of spending too much money cause having money makes me feel secure. But I shouldn't trust in it, I know, because it's temporal. I can't help it though...

Dear Lord, help me realize the gift of free will. Give me strength to rely on YOUR will regarding how I use my money. In Luke 22:42 it says " saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Dear Lord, I pray that in all my choices I wait for YOU, and not my will. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: