Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Miles a Minute Challenge #2: Bridges

Here's my Miles a Minute Challenge answer for today's video, "Coronado Bridge."

***

Discuss/Describe the bridges you are trusting in, to get you up to heaven. Good works? Money? A pretty face? Then discuss whether you believe those methods are foolproof, and have proven to have power over death itself.

Although I am a Christian and have grown up in church and Christian school, I think sometimes I do tend to focus on doing good works, and beat myself up for not "acting Christian." I went through this one phase where I was really legalistic and would get mad at myself if I yawned in chapel. Because to me, yawning meant I was bored, and when I was in chapel or church I shouldn't be bored. I should be there to worship God, pay attention to the sermon, do all the stuff you're supposed to do. 

But seeing as the majority of people in my life don't even know I am a Christian (I've had coworkers be surprised to learn I am one, which I guess I should be ashamed about), I guess I'm not doing a good job of "acting Christian" anyway.

So clearly doing just good works is not foolproof, and isn't going to have power over death itself. It's a good thing, but it's not enough.

No comments: