Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #18: Temptations

Here's my challenge answer for today's Miles-a-Minute video, "Softball."

***
Discuss/Describe one temptation that you seem to always get stung by and what makes it so easy to get tripped up by it.

I've noticed particularly since I started working at my current job that I am often tempted to gossip and/or talk bad about people behind their back. At my work the environment is very conducive to that. It seems like people do it all the time. And in my attempt to fit in and be friendly with everyone, I find myself falling into the same trap. 

I also find myself knowing a lot about people at work, cause people confide in me a lot. This has gotten me into some awkward situations, where I knew both parties involved in a situation, and both wanted me to see their way on things, but since I was friends with both of them, I didn't want to pick a side. But sometimes I end up revealing to others what the person told me in the process of dealing with it. Usually only to the other party to find out if what the other person said was true, though not always. 

I think I fall so easily into this trap because so many other people do it, and I want to fit in and be accepted by the group. Plus I have a reporter's curiosity and like to find out things. And also a symptom of Asperger's is that you often vocalize your thoughts, so sometimes I even say stuff without meaning to. And now I have this nasty habit I'm not sure I can shake. Gah. What am I gonna do? I don't want to take this bad habit with me to my next job! :(

No comments: