Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #6: Fleshly Appetites

Here's my challenge answer for today's Miles-a-Minute video, "White Castle."

***

Discuss/Describe one fleshly appetite that is preventing you from obeying God, such as a hunger for money, sex or power. Ask yourself, is this desire worth causing you to miss God’s best?

I think I do hunger for money, cause I freak out when I don't have money. Money is security to me. When I have a lot of it, I feel secure. Like I have some control over things. 

I think it is causing me to miss God's best because I am trusting more in the money than God. Also, a desire to hold on to my money might make me less inclined to tithe or to be generous to others.

There's nothing wrong with having money, but you aren't supposed to trust in it. "The love of money is the root of all evil" and stuff. Also the story of the rich young ruler, who wasn't willing to give up his wealth to follow Jesus. In that story, Jesus said it is hard for a rich person to enter heaven, and I think that is because rich people feel so confident in their wealth they think they don't need God. 

I need to learn to trust less in money...

No comments: