Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #67: Love Yourself

Today's Video: "Manicure"

***
Discuss/Describe how you love yourself. What is one of your positive attributes? If you have trouble loving yourself, what is the best way to start?

I don't give up, even when I want to. I push myself to keep going. I encourage myself that life is worth living, in those dark moments when I wonder if it is. 

That's all I can think of. Sadly.

I have trouble loving myself. I'm very negative about everything and have trouble taking compliments. Instead of accepting them with a "thank you," I tend to divert them with some negative comment. I don't like super happy people because their happiness seems fake to me. It just seems impossible that anyone could really be that happy. So I think to avoid that I keep myself from being happy. There are rare moments when I am happy though, genuinely happy. When I get excited or I laugh. My brother Andrew has said he likes when I laugh. I do too. I also used to smile a lot more, but now I smile so rarely people actually tell me I need to smile more. But when I try I just can't do it. Not for more than a few seconds. It doesn't feel natural.

The best way to start loving myself...I don't know. I guess the root of it all is my negativity, but I'm not sure how to deal with that. It's so deeply ingrained now. :(

No comments: