Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #72: Ingredients

Today's Video: "Perm"

***
Discuss/Describe the ingredients in your life that you want God to change. List one area that you need God’s hand of intervention.

I want to be more motivated in what I do, go back to how I was in high school when I worked hard and never procrastinated. I also want to not let fear run my life so much. And to stop making excuses so much and own up to my mistakes. And to be better able to ask directly for what I want instead of beating around the bush. Also I know I should probably lose some weight. (My problem there really is emotional overeating and lack of exercise...at home I don't eat much - some cereal and toast for breakfast [and often for dinner too], and if I eat lunch at home, it's something easy like popcorn or pasta or a microwave meal. If I don't have breakfast for dinner, dinner is often the same as lunch. Where I really put on the pounds is junk food snacks [which I eat at home sometimes but mostly at work or away from home] or eating out, either at work or at a restaurant. I already know, from the tracking I've done, that most of my money goes to food. I could save a lot of money - and maybe eat healthier - if I brought my own lunch like I used to do in high school before I had a job, but I don't want to make the effort. As for exercise, I've never liked exercise, except walking, hiking, and swimming. The only exercise machines I like are the bikes. And that's cause I had to do P.E. at Mira Costa and go to their little gym. I also did ok on the treadmill. The eliptical scares me, cause I feel like I'm going to fall off. I have done ok playing Wii Fit Plus, and I have the Balance Board and everything, but I'm not motivated to play it). 

I also would like to move out and get my own place, but I don't know the first thing about it. My parents are ok with the idea (if my mom's threats about "if you want to just do whatever you want, then get your own place" are any indication). Also I really can't afford it on what I currently make, not without a roommate. The only thing I can afford without a roommate right now is renting a room in someone's house (which is kinda what I'm doing right now with my parents anyway) or low-income housing, which can take years to process. And I'm very solitary, so I'd almost rather not have a roommate. Besides, if I had a roommate, I'd have to make sure to keep things clean, something I am not very good at doing. 

Also I do not like my current job, and would like to change it, but I lack the motivation to do what it takes to get a better job. After all, the pay's decent, it's unionized, and has great health benefits.

One area I need God's intervention in...the biggest right now would be the job thing. That's weighing heavily on my mind right now.

No comments: