Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #77: God in a Box

Today's Video: "Rented Room"

***

Discuss/Describe what you are holding back from God. What do you need to surrender to him? What is the box you have God in?

I'm holding back practically everything. I'm scared to give him full control. I like to have some control over what happens in my life. I like life to be predictable (yet not boring). I need to trust him and let him have free reign, without becoming legalistic (to where everything in my life has to be Christian or ok for Christians, the way things used to be when I lived in a Christian bubble growing up and didn't know much else). I mean, I used to be so legalistic I would scold myself for inadvertently yawning during Chapel. Yawning meant boredom in my eyes, and the Word of God should not be responded to so disrespectfully.

I keep my life compartmentalized and God has his compartment along with everything else. I need to fix that.

No comments: