Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #78: Connecting to God

Today's Video: "Pray for Me - Surprise"

***
Discuss/Describe what you do to connect with God when things are unknown?

I wish I could say I trust him, but I usually don't. In fact, I'm scared to take a risk, to go into the unknown without a plan. I want to be the one controlling what's going to happen. I need to trust that God knows what he's doing, but I'm afraid to give up control. Not sure what to do there.

Emma: Why are you doing this?
Mr. Gold: Because I wanna succeed.
Emma: What makes you think I'm gonna fail?
Mr. Gold: Well, how could you not? You don't believe in your parents, or in magic, or even yourself.
Emma: I slayed a dragon, I think I believe.
Mr. Gold: Only what was shown to you. When have you ever taken a real leap of faith? You know, the kind where there's absolutely no proof? I've known you some time, Miss Swan. And, sadly, despite everything you've been through, you're still just that... bail bonds-person, looking for evidence. Well, dearie, that's not gonna work in Neverland.
--Once Upon a Time, "The Heart of the Truest Believer"

No comments: