Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #31: Dreams

Here's my challenge answer for today's Miles-a-Minute video, "Times Square."

***
Discuss/Describe one of your dreams that you need to surrender to the God who created the heavens and earth so that there could be a convergence of His will and your life.

One of my dreams is to be a published author. I have had that dream since I was a kid. Even though there are times I've thought about doing other things (recently I've thought about web design, in 8th grade I wanted to be an ambassador and a school counselor, among other things...though I think in that case I said those jobs without really knowing what they were), that dream has always been there. 

I have the talent to write - many have acknowledged that over the years. And I've acknowledged in the past that God gave me the talent and that I should use it for him. This is why at first I was going to strictly write for the Christian market. Cause I thought that's what I needed to do. Then I started loosening that restraint, and considering that it might be ok to write for the secular market too. I've also written some stuff that isn't strictly Christian (by which I mean, you wouldn't know it was Christian if you read it, cause it wouldn't be obvious, even though the story would have Christian morals) lately.

I need to surrender this dream to God, as reluctant as I am to do so, so he can "direct my paths," and through our combined creativity give me an awesome Times Square experience in my heart. God, please give me the courage to do so.

No comments: